Quincy Mae is a beloved clothing brand for babies and young children. Quincy Mae features all-organic clothing that is thick, soft, and thoughtfully constructed. Quincy Mae clothing is heirloom quality that will survive loads of washing and can be passed down to young siblings and beyond.
My youngest child (now just shy of 2 years old) came home from the hospital in Quincy Mae, so the brand holds a soft spot in my heart. (It was a secondhand, 3-piece layette set that I found at a local consignment store.) And while I don’t save most of their outgrown garments, that three-piece number is staying.
WHAT IS QUINCY MAE?
Quincy Mae is a collection of beautiful, organic baby clothes and toddler clothes in earthy colors. The brand is known for using velvety soft fabrics (made of jersey, cotton, fleece, gauze) and minimal patterns. You won’t find skateboarding giraffes or dinosaurs on Quincy Mae prints. Quincy Mae clothing features colors, patterns, and textures that moms would want to wear themselves.
The Quincy Mae line is filled with easy-to-wear silhouettes and everyday basics that make dressing your baby and little ones simple and convenient. There are thoughtfully placed snaps and zippers and wrap top items for easy offs. Fleecy jersey and cotton tops and dresses are super-stretchy to easily maneuver over little heads and chubby fingers.
Not only is super soft Quincy Mae clothing beautiful to look at, Quincy Mae is made of all certified organic cotton. Moms love dressing their littles in Quincy Mae, knowing it’s safe from harsh chemicals and dyes.
Related: So how do moms afford Quincy Mae and pad their cute-clothes budget? Side hustles! Check out these 11 mom-friendly side hustles you can do from your phone. See how this Minnesota mom makes an extra $9,400 a year.
IS QUINCY MAE THE SAME THING AS RYLEE + CRU?
Quincy Mae is a sister brand to Rylee + Cru. Rylee + Cru introduced us to their ‘sister’ Quincy Mae in September 2018. Quincy Mae has the same minimalist features and approach to design as Rylee + Cru, but caters to infants and toddlers with many basic baby staples.
Founder Kelli Murray (also a designer and illustrator) was inspired to create the brand with the birth of her third baby, Quincy. She saw the need for a true baby basic apparel and accessory line that used certified organic cotton, beautiful colors, minimal patterns, and velvety soft materials.
IS QUINCY MAE ORGANIC?
Yes, Quincy Mae uses only certified organic cotton. Quincy Mae clothing both is ethically made and beautiful, perfect for the fair-trade minded consumer.
DOES QUINCY MAE RUN TRUE TO SIZE?
Quincy Mae runs true to size with room to grow. The sizing is generous to maximize the wear your little can get out of their Quincy Mae clothing.
IS QUINCY MAE GOOD QUALITY?
Quincy Mae is absolutely fantastic quality with attention paid to the little details: brushed jersey fabrics, high-quality wood buttons and finishes, and high-end certified organic cotton fabrics.
As with most high-end, ethically made brands, Quincy Mae clothing is built to last. Garments are carefully crafted to stand the test of time, withstanding lots of (heavy-handed) tugs at buttons, snaps, and zippers and endless loads through the washer.
Because of their exceptional quality (and gender neutral earth-toned colors and prints), Quincy Mae garments can be easily passed down to younger siblings. Additionally, Quincy Mae garments are commonly resold in used clothing apps and resale groups on Facebook.
Quincy Mae is an especially coveted brand among secondhand clothing enthusiasts, a testament to the brand’s quality.
WHERE IS QUINCY MAE CLOTHING MADE?
Quincy Mae clothing is designed in the United States and manufactured in China. Many organic, luxury and prestige brands, like Frugi, Patagonia, Mini Rodini, and Louis Vuitton, manufacture in China. Quincy Mae scrupulously selects its production partners, working only with factories that have the highest of marks for fair working conditions, high wages, and a commitment to both environmental ethics and social responsibility.
(WHY IS) IS QUINCY MAE (SO) EXPENSIVE?
Quincy Mae is more expensive than mass-market or fast fashion brands like Old Navy, Carter’s, or Gap. Quincy Mae clothing is organically and ethically made, and this is reflected in its price-tag. However, Quincy Mae does have many affordable, less expensive pieces.
Saving Money on Quincy Mae
- Quincy Mae separates start at $22. They’re built to last – surviving heavy-handed washings and multiple siblings. And you can shop Black Friday, sales, or end-of-season clearances to find Quincy Mae garments for $12 or less.
- Quincy Mae bloomers and bummies start at $18 full price, and I’ve found them for around $10 or less during sales events on Quincy Mae and other online boutiques.
- Find secondhand Quincy Mae garments for $10 to $20 or less in Facebook resale groups and used clothing sites like Mercari or Kidizen. Poshmark carries some Quincy Mae, too. You’ll find fewer pieces on Poshmark, but a cheaper prices (usually) if you do score.
- Ask for Quincy Mae clothing for your baby registry or baby gifts and get it for free. It’s easier than you think to get free high-end kids’ clothing.
As far as organic, ethically made children’s brands, Quincy Mae is actually relatively cheap. If you can buy a zipper-down one-piece pajama for $38 and it survives heavy usage from 3 kids before you resell it for $15, in the end, that $38 one-piece was a bargain.
Buying a Quincy Mae garment is for those with a less is more mindset. Buy fewer garments that are built for the long haul. Because really, almost every household with a baby winds up with more baby clothing than they need or want.
Parents buy, or receive, multi-packs of onesies only to end up using one. Or none at all. They wind up being consigned for 15-cents on the re-sale dollar at Once Upon A Child stores, or donated to thrift stores like Goodwill. But not before eating up a ton of storage space and causing clutter-inducing anxiety.
A better solution is to have a one-third as many garments – at triple the quality.
WHERE IS THERE A QUINCY MAE SALE?
While a Quincy Mae sale is not as common as a Macy’s or Carter’s sale, Quincy Mae does hold major sales events around major U.S. shopping holidays like Black Friday, Memorial Day, and Labor Day. The Quincy Mae Black Friday sale is an especially generous event, with the brand regularly offering 25% off sitewide discounts.
Additionally, you can save $10 off your first purchase with this Quincy Mae referral link. The retailer does offer 10% off your first purchase at Quincy Mae when you sign up for their email newsletter. If you plan on spending $ 101 or more, signing up for their newsletter is the better deal. If you are spending $99 or less, the $10 Quincy Mae discount offers more savings.
HOW DO I FIND A PROMO CODE OR DISCOUNT CODE FOR QUINCY MAE?
Finding a discount code for Quincy Mae can be a little bit trickier than with other brands, but discount codes do exist.
- Save $10 off your first purchase to Quincy Mae with this Quincy Mae referral link. When you provide your email, a unique Quincy Mae promo code will be generated.
- Save 10% of your first purchase to QuincyMae.com if sign up for the Quincy Mae newsletter. (This is a good deal if you are spending $101 or more on the site.)
- During major holiday events, Quincy Mae will have special promo codes you can redeem. These are completely open to the public – they are visibly displayed on the website, and often they are automatically applied to your purchase.
- You may be able to find a promo code or sale at a boutique that carries the brand, like Milk+Bots. Milk+Bots offers a new customer discount, Black Friday deals, and has been known to run sales of up to 30% off their Quincy Mae collection.
Unlike other brands like Carter’s or Old Navy, you will not find cash back rebates or additional promo codes for this retailer on deals sites. Quincy Mae is just a more niche brand.
WHAT ARE THE QUINCY MAE REVIEWS FROM REAL MOMS?
Moms love the quality of Quincy Mae. In fact, before ever trying the brand I heard rave reviews from moms in a number of online mom groups that I belong to.
On any online boutique, you’ll find top reviews for the Quincy Mae brand. Moms are in love.
What Makes Quincy Mae Special
- Subtle prints that are floral, geometric, or nature-inspired.
- Earth-toned color palettes: Quincy Mae uses colors like clay, honey, wheat, and seafoam.
- Simplicity: Simple less-is-more yet artistic design.
- Easy, timeless silhouettes for easy dressing and undressing
- Gender neutral: Most pieces are considered “gender neutral”
- Buttery soft fabrics that feel snug and cozy on tender skin.
- Contemporary styles and cuts that any mom would want to wear herself.
- Ethical production: All items are sustainably and ethically made out of organic cotton.
- Heirloom quality: Quincy Mae lasts forever.
On that last point, the brand has not been around long enough to stand the test of eternity. But as a mom who loves the brand, I can tell that you Quincy Mae is sturdy. I tug hard at buttons and snaps and zips and Quincy Mae stays intact. Quincy Mae has survived my husband’s hot-water washings (and, gulp, hot dryer cycles) and the fabric stretches easily over large heads and chubby appendages.
WHAT IS Q BY QUINCY MAE?
Q by Quincy Mae is an exclusive line of Quincy Mae clothes that’s created for and sold exclusively at Target. Just like the regular Quincy Mae label, Q by Quincy Mae is a line of stylish, simple, baby basics in velvety soft fabrics and minimal prints. The Q by Quincy Mae label is also made of all organic cotton.
Q by Quincy Mae is sold at a cheaper price point – about 35% to 40% cheaper on average. From what I can see, there is no difference in quality. I’ve bought several pieces from the full-price and the Target line to compare and contrast the difference.
The Q by Quincy Mae collection appears to be comparable quality, but there is a limited size range and fewer apparel items.
WHERE CAN I BUY QUINCY MAE?
Quincy Mae clothing is sold directly to consumers on QuincyMae.com. You can also shop the Quincy Mae line at upscale children’s retailers and boutiques. Some retailers that sell Quincy Mae include:
- Milk+Bots (Milkbots)
- Bohemian Mama
- Dreams of Cuteness
- Barn Chic Boutique
- Norman & Jules
- The Baby Cubby
- SPEARMINT Love
DOES QUINCY MAE HAVE A BLACK FRIDAY SALE?
Yes, Quincy Mae does hold an annual Black Friday sale. In past years, the retailer has held 25% off savings sitewide. For Black Friday this year, we expect Quincy Mae to offer similar discounts.
OTHER POPULAR READS YOU’LL LIKE
- Black Friday sales at organic, sustainable, and boutique brands for kids
- Marijuana Gifts for your wealthy, stoner friend that Martha Stewart would tell you to go buy NOW (See what Emily Post’s great-granddaughter is hyping up.)
- Why Oooh-Oooh-Baby-Spam-Me-Hard is a Bad Choice for your spam email.