Well Dressed Wolf is a children’s clothing brand focused on sweet and simple designs. They revel in dainty details – hand embroidery, intricate smocking, high end fabrics, classic colors and prints – without the fuss.
The core of their business is about making everyday moments and special events magical, capturing timeless innocence with beautiful design, and creating memories and community that last a lifetime.
What is Well Dressed Wolf?
Well Dressed Wolf is owned and designed by two sisters, Shannon and Sarah. They grew up in Louisiana, sharing a childhood infused with magic and mystery in a land of swamplands, mossy oak groves, and humidity-tinged summers.
They aim to bring back the styles of their childhood, rooted in southern tradition and casual playfulness. They are dedicated to delivering quality products at the lowest price possible, while staying true to their simple and timeless design aesthetics.
Who owns Well Dressed Wolf?
Sarah Lemoine and Shannon Caserta are sisters and co-owners of Well Dressed Wolf. Shannon (mother of six) and Sarah (mother of five) have set out to keep it simple, knowing that subtlety is often the hardest to find.
They dream, hand sketch, sample and fit every single piece of their brand with the support of handpicked production. Artisans overseas and in the USA who them to life.
What does Well Dressed Wolf sell?
Well Dressed Wolf is known for and primarily sells dresses. However, they do sell other items like rompers, tunics, shirts, skirts, bloomers, and more.
Every week (or other week pending the sale schedule), new releases are posted on WellDressedWolf.com.
What are the different Well Dressed Wolf dress styles?
- Birdie – Delicate chiffon style trimmed in sweet eyelet lace.
- Josie – Whimsical maxi dress with adjustable straps.
- Lucie– A-line dress with coordinating bloomers.
- Naomi – Dress with criss-crossed back with a bow.
- Wild Wisteria – Classic hand smocked dress.
- Aunt Hearth – Eyelet lace trim and white fabric under ruffle, criss-cross back for added detail.
- Addie – floral print dress with small lace trim details at bottom of skirt, collar, and sleeves with a small bow on the back.
- Evie Jo – Two-piece with hand embroidered flowers and custom dyed lace with a vintage silhouette.
- Betty – Simple, timeless, and feminine dress.
- Sweetheart – Pink sand bodice, dainty shoulder ties, a natural linen skirt with pink sand stripes, and the sweetest eyelet lace trim
- Rosie – Mini dress with a 3 tier ruffle at the bottom of the dress. Triangle top with lace around the edging.
- Marshmallow – Smocked bodice with full skirt with ruffles at the bottom. Straps have ruffle details.
- Duchess – Multi tiered ruffle maxi dress that has adjustable straps.
- Helen – Sleeveless striped dress with peter pan collar.
- Clara – White /cream dress with sleeves with small embroidered flowers near the neckline. Two tiered and named after Clara in the nutcracker. Sleeves are burgundy in color with matching 3 buttons on the back. Christmas 2019 release.
- Little Den – Fitted top with eyelet lace detail in a cream/white. Bottom skirt is a solid color with a cream eyelet lace bottom.
- Fairy – Short with full skirt fairy dress with detachable wings.
- Tree of Life – Cream with multiple layers of eyelet lace. Buttons on front with embroidered trees.
- Lily of the Valley – Springtime pink featuring a hand embroidered lily of the valley on the palest pink bodice, a white sash and trimmed in white lace.
- Cameron Tunic Set – Eyelet detail top and straps. Skirt is full and a-line with coordinating bloomers with eyelet details at the bottom of legs.
- Cameron Dress – Smocked with ruffle detail and coordinating bloomers. Top is lined.
- Nola – Classic silhouette features dainty pleats, sweet floral fabric, sash to tie at waist, cap sleeves, pearlescent buttons and a detailed peter pan collar.
- Annie – Mini striped with curved seams, dainty embroidery, and sweet eyelet lace.
- Millie – White tunic with eyelet lace details with colored bloomers with eyelet lace.
- Kate – 100% cotton; lined in cotton tunic set with eyelet lace details.
- Marie – Timeless but unique style dress, suitable for any occasion. Can be worn with or without the apron.
- Wonderland – Long sleeves in cream with 3 buttons of details on the top. Bottom half of the dress is a different color.
- Lala – Off white with intricate pleating and lace bodice finished with a touch of true red threading.
- Wanderer – Timeless dress with custom ribbon trim.
- Lucia – Shimmery and timeless with lace details.
- Meg – Solid colored dress with ruffle underskirt. 100% cotton; lined in cotton.
- Emily – Solid colored dress with embroidery details and eyelet lace trim.
- Grace Bubble – Enchanting with feminine ruffles and lace.
- Unisex Bubble – Romper with tie straps.
- Julia – Dress with simple silhouette with flare sleeves.
- Willow – Sleeveless a-line dress with white collar and trim with embroidered dainty flowers.
- Juju– Knee length with swiss dot fabric. Buttons up the face with a tie at the waist.
What sizes does Well Dressed Wolf carry?
Well Dressed Wolf carries sizes starting at 6 months through 14/16 years.
Why is Well Dressed Wolf so expensive?
Well Dressed Wolf is more expensive than some other brands because they are not mass produced. Most of their items are stitched in very small factories or sewing circles in India.
Each piece is worked on by an Artisan who works at their own pace and does it from home so that they can be with their children. The income earned by this work helps them create a better life.
Mre information about their ethical production can be found here.
Why is Well Dressed Wolf so popular? Is it worth the price?
Moms love how Well Dressed Wolf offers high quality and one of a kind designs. The designs are limited edition and hand crafted to create a very unique look. The brand is rooted in southern traditions for modern children and due to the hand crafted nature of their production, many moms say they are worth the price.
Every style of Well Dressed Wolf has a material and care section on the product page that details the care instructions for that item. Many people pass Well Dressed Wolf down to future siblings and family and friends, so they can hold up through multiple children.
How do you buy Well Dressed Wolf?
Well Dressed Wolf has a new drop every Thursday (or every other pending the sale schedule) at 8 PM CST. The collection can be found here.
Since items sell out very quickly (sometimes within seconds), a lot of people have success utilizing BST groups on Facebook. Kidizen, Poshmark, Mercari, and eBay.
What are some brands like Well Dressed Wolf?
Some other brands that fit the Well Dressed Wolf aesthetic are:
- Omi Jo
- The Proper Peony
- The Beaufort Bonnet Company
- Sweet Honey
- RicRac & Ruffles
- Persnickety Clothing Company
- Bella Bliss
- Cecil and Lou
- Peppa & Co.
- Little English
- Pleiades Designs