24 Local Kids’ Clothing and Shoe Stores in the Minneapolis-St. Paul Area
Updated February 21, 2023
It can be hard to find cute kids’ clothes in brick-and-mortar shops. I’m all for online shopping to find beautiful dresses and discover niche brands. But sometimes I want to shop in real-life, too.
I want to sample, in person, Rylee + Cru and Noralee and other high-end brands I see in online boutique and resale apps. (So I can figure out why someone would pay $88 for a dress for a 2-year-old. No shade. Just genuine curiosity, since I’ve been calibrated to look for $19.99 price tags.) I want to compare and contrast different colors and garments together. I want inspiration. I want the fun of discovery.
But when it comes to shopping for kids’ clothing in actual physical stores, your options are limited to supermarket chains and shopping mall standbys. I have found the odd treasure when I’m selling at Once Upon A Child (like a NWT Miki Miette dress), but mostly I’m left wondering if there are any actual physical children’s clothing stores left.
Hanna Andersson and Polarn O. Pyret have closed their locations, but there’s still an active kids’ clothing scene in the Twin Cities.
Here’s a list of 24 local children’s clothing (and shoe) stores in the Twin Cities area.
With a couple of exceptions, the featured stores are clothing-first retailers. Meaning they are primarily a clothing store, and not a gift shop or book shop. Store on the list offer a wide selection of styles and sizes for different activities and occasions. I avoided adding gift shops and bookstores that carry apparel because their selections are quite limited (i.e. a rack of onesies).
The stores on the list are all places I would go to if I were shopping specifically for just children’s clothing. If you think there’s a store I’ve missed, please let me know in the comments. I would love to add! Also, please bear in mind the store hours and other store information listed were current at the time of the article’s publication. Before you hop in your car to drive 20 miles across town, it’s always a good idea to call the actual shop first.
1 | Pacifier Kids: Edina | North Loop Minneapolis | Wayzata | Highland Park St. Paul
I was first introduced to this edgy chic children’s boutique a few years back when they had a location in the skyways of Downtown Minneapolis (conveniently located near Target’s corporate headquarters). I’ve found a number of cute clothing items and gifts in the store, including Milkbarn and Magnetic Me.
Pacifier Kids offers a great occasion for digital fan-moms to sample lots of trendy BST brands. You can check out Noralee, Rylee + Cru, and other cult favorites on the floor before deciding if you want to pull the trigger.
I was just at the Edina location the other day and found a number of cute things on the clearance rack for my daughter, including Lali Kids and Winter Water Factory. Online you can save 10% off your first purchase of $30+.
- Edina: 4942 France Ave S, Edina, MN 55410
- North Loop: 219 N 2nd St #102, Minneapolis, MN 55401
- Wayzata: 812 Lake St E, Wayzata, MN 55391
- Highland Park: 714 Cleveland Ave S, St Paul, MN 55116
- Store Hours: Monday – Saturday 10 am – 6 pm, Sunday 11 am – 5 pm
- Sizes: Newborn – 7Y (Limited options beyond size 6Y)
- Brands: Rivet Apparel, Rylee + Cru, L’ovedbaby, Colored Organics, Tea Collection, Vignette, Me + Henry, Quincy Mae, Noralee, Chaser, Appaman, Babyface, Greige, Lali Kids, Pink Chicken, Mila Rose, Angel Dear, Miki Miette, Musli, Milkbarn, Magnetic Me, KicKee Pants
2 | Goodnight Moon: Edina
Goodnight Moon is a premium clothing store for babies, children, and tweens. Many styles are formal or special occasion, but you can find more casual items like hoodies. Goodnight Moon also sells toys, gifts (for moms and littles), and adorable take-me-home bundles. It’s in the same 50th & France shopping area as Pacifier Kids.
- Location: 4388 France Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55410
- Store Hours: 10 am – 5 pm Tuesday – Saturday & 12 pm – 4 pm Sunday
- Sizes: Newborn – 7Y Boys and Girls, 8Y – 14Y Tween Girls
- Brands: Mayoral, Mary Dal, Petit Bateau, Catmini, Florence Eiseman, Magnolia Baby
3 | Pip & Pal: Excelsior
Pip & Pal curates a thoughtful selection of beautiful children’s brands. Styles are minimalist, yet playfully imaginative. Most of the labels are organic or slow-fashion with an emphasis on quality construction and use of sustainable materials.
- Location: 264 Water St unit b, Excelsior, MN 55331
- Store Hours: Tuesday – Saturday: 10 am – 5 pm, Sunday – Monday: 12pm – 4pm
- Sizes: Newborn – 6Y
- Brands: Play Up, Rylee + Cru, Quincy Mae, The Simple Folk, Colored Organics, +1 in the Family, Bean’s Barcelona
4 | Teeny Bee Boutique: Merriam Park St. Paul
Teeny Bee Boutique is small but mighty, with plenty of great brands. As a mom of a 2-year-old boy, I was was pleased with the selection of boys’ clothing. I liked the girls’ clothing too, but wish the store carried more dress options. (There were half a dozen or so in her size when I visited last weekend.)
Teeny Bee features a lot of mom-owned brands. There is a huge assortment of Peregrine apparel and there is currently a $15 Peregrine sample sale going.
No matter where you live in the metro, Teeny Bee is worth a visit. While the boutique is perhaps a 10-30 minute visit, it’s close by Patina, Yum, and Fairplay (an adorable toy story that has arts and crafts activities available for kids in-store while parents shop).
- Location: 1560 Selby Ave, St Paul, MN 55104
- Store Hours: 10 am – 4pm
- Sizes: Newborn – 10Y
- Brands: Babyface, Hux, Peregrine, Iggy, miles the label, Joules, Magnetic Me, Mayoral, Miki Miette, Fairwell
5 | Lands’ End: Richfield | Minnetonka | Woodbury
There are a few Lands’ End locations in the Twin Cities. The children’s selection includes outerwear (snow bibs, jackets, hats, mittens, raincoats), school uniforms, swimsuits, boots, shoes, and casual separates (top, bottoms, dresses). Lands’ End also carries backpacks, lunch bags, and some hair and clothing accessories.
A lot of the garments are built for outdoor exploration, like UV protective clothing or extra warm layers for the winter. Styles aren’t cutting edge, but loyalists swear by the brand’s quality and appreciate the convenience of being able to touch and try on clothing in person. This is especially handy for parents of kids who wear school uniforms.
- Richfield: 820 W 78th St, Richfield, MN 55423
- Minnetonka: 11210 Wayzata Blvd, Minnetonka, MN 55305
- Woodbury: 8362 Tamarack Village, Woodbury, MN 55125
- Store Hours:
- Richfield: Monday – Friday 10 am – 7 pm, Saturday 10 am – 6 pm, Sunday 11 am – 5 pm
- Minnetonka: Monday – Friday 10 am – 7 pm, Saturday 10 am – 6 pm, Sunday 11 am – 5 pm
- Woodbury: Monday – Friday 10 am – 7 pm, Saturday 10 am – 5 pm, Sunday 11 am – 5 pm
- Sizes: Baby 0-3M – 18-24M, Toddler 2T – 5T, and Big Kids 6 – 20
- Brands: Land’s End and select third-party labels (Minnetonka, Avalanche, Johnston and Murphy, Muk Luks, French Toast, Kensie Girl, Apple Park Baby)
6 | Janie and Jack: Eagan
Janie and Jack clothing has a very Jackie-O vibe. Garments look made for kids who summer in the Hamptons, Martha’s Vineyard, or other locations with an East Coast vibe. The Mall of America location is permanently closed, but you can find some well-priced styles at the outlet stores in Eagan. I’ve found leggings and quilted vests for around $10 or less for my daughter.
- Location: 3965 Eagan Outlets Pkwy Suite 350, Eagan, MN 55122
- Store Hours: Monday – Thursday 11 am – 7 pm, Friday – Saturday 10 am – 7 pm, Sunday 11 am – 6 pm
- Sizes: Newborn – 18Y
- Brands: Janie and Jack store label, Petite Plume (online)
7 | Kid A : Southwest (Lake Harriet) Minneapolis | Premium Secondhand Brands
Kid A is located in a fantastic foot traffic district of Minneapolis (filled with great spots for shopping and brunch). Hours are limited, but Kid A has a fantastic selection of used, high-end brand strollers, baby gear, and outerwear.
- Location: 2313 W 50th St, Minneapolis, MN 55410
- Store Hours: Friday and Saturday 11 am – 5 pm, Sunday 12 pm – 3 pm, Monday – Wednesday 1 pm – 3 pm, Thursday 11 am – 5 pm
- Sizes: Baby and toddler (range of available sizes)
- Brands: Patagonia, Columbia, The Northface, and similar caliber outerwear brands
8 | Kinoko Kids: Kingfield (South) Minneapolis
I am in love with Kinoko Kids. This local shop that sells a unique assortment of boutique children’s toy brands. Offerings include Minikane dolls and accessories, Maileg, Olli Ella, Miffy, Japanese windsock kites, and wood Montessori toys. Many candies, toys, and home goods are Japanese brands or are a nod to the culture.
While clothing options are sparse (there is a rack of vintage kids’ clothing and some Kinoko branded hoodies), the garments that are there are adorable and most are priced $20 to $50.
- Location: 3803 Grand Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55409
- Store Hours: Tuesday – Saturday 11 am – 5 pm, Sunday 11 am – 2 pm
- Sizes: 0-3M – 10Y
- Brands: Vintage clothes, many new with tags. Available styles and sizes vary, but the store is heavy on 2T – 5T and mid-century (1950’s – 1970’s) styles.
9 | Tonka Shoe Box (Little Feet Children’s Shoes): Minnetonka
Tonka Shoes (formerly known as Little Feet) is hands-down the best children’s shoe store in the Twin Cities. If you want to get the right fit for your child’s foot, from staff with expertise in children’s footwear, Tonka Shoes is the place to go.
The Internet is awash in adorable styles, but sometimes you just want to try on the shoe and see how it fits in person. Especially when many online boutiques have strict no-return policies for footwear. (Sadly, many parents will try to return dirty and scuffed up shoes, ruining it for everyone.) At Tonka Shoes, you’ll find options for pre-walkers, babies, toddlers, big kids, tweens, and teens.
My kids have wider feet so I find the store especially helpful. It can be tricky finding wide shoes for toddlers, but the store helps you get the correct measurements and show you a range of styles. And if your kiddos run around hyped up on sugar, or have an epic meltdown, don’t worry. It’s a children’s store.
- Location: 12979 Ridgedale Dr, Minnetonka, MN 55305
- Store Hours: Sunday – Saturday 10 am – 5 pm
- Sizes: Newborn to Size 7 Youth (Ages 0 – 12) and Adult sizes too
- Brands: Stride Rite, Bogs, Kamik, Sorel, Crocs, Tsukihoshi, Native, Chaco, Saucony, Merrell, See Kai Run, Keen, Sperry, Hush Puppies, Keds, Robeez, Footmates, Pedpied, Teva, Minnetonka Moc, Frodo, Plae, Birkenstock, Bobux, New Balance,
10 | Zara Kids: Bloomington (Mall of America)
Zara has some of the most swoon-worthy clothes you’ll find anywhere – any brand or any budget. It’s got the major cute factor, but comes in a more muted color palette and with lots of mini-adult contemporary sorts of cuts. Rylee + Cru moms love how affordable it is. Cat & Jack moms might have some initial sticker shock. But there are lots of adorable options in the $8 to $28 range, and a few that are around $50 or more.
At the Mall of America, Zara Kids is tucked away at the back of the store on the second level. If you’ve got a stroller, no worries. There is an elevator in the store.
While Zara does not carry preemie size clothing, you can find plenty of options in newborn and size 1-3 months. Sizes go from Newborn to 14Y.
- Location: Mall of America, E Broadway Ave #60, Bloomington, MN 55425
- Store Hours: Monday – Thursday 11 am – 8 pm, Friday – Saturday 10 am – 9 pm, Sunday 11 am – 7 pm
- Sizes: Newborn – 14Y
- Brands: ZARA with licensed gear (Disney, etc.) and occasional brand collaborations
11 | J. Crew: Edina (Southdale) | St. Louis Park
For its children line, J. Crew carries high-quality staples (jeans, shorts, tops, tees, leggings, dresses) and some special occasion garments too. Sizing ranges from 2Y – 16Y, with some boys’ garments starting at size 1Y.
Looks are more. classic and preppy than cottagecore or ultra trendy, but they have some great options that work for a range of styles. You can also find belts, hair bows, and other accessories for kids.
The St. Louis Park location is a J. Crew factory store and has a smaller selection of kids’ clothes, but there’s still a decent quantity. The factory store is in the Knollwood strip mall. Other stores there include TJ Maxx, Nordstrom Rack, Old Navy, DSW Shoes, Kohl’s, and Ulta.
- Southdale: 1135 Southdale Mall, Edina, MN 55435
- St. Louis Park: 8324 MN-7 Suite 132, St Louis Park, MN 55426
- Store Hours:
- Southdale: 10 am – 8 pm, Sunday 12 pm – 6 pm
- St. Louis Park: Monday – Saturday 11 am – 7 pm, Sunday 11 am – 6 pm
- Sizes: 2Y – 16Y
- Brands: J. Crew and other curated brands online (Petite Plume, Veja, New Balance, Birkenstock, minnow, Joy Street Kids)
12 | Kids’ Rack: Champlin
Located at a strip mall off of 169 in Champlin, Kids’ Rack is a consignment store that sells used children’s clothing, toys, strollers, and baby and kids’ gear.
While Kids’ Rack is similar to Once Upon A Child, there are are some differences in terms of pricing and layout.
I visited Kids’ Rack earlier today and it had much less merchandise than any Once Upon A Store location I’ve ever visited (maybe half as much), but still a very large selection of goods.
Key differences between Kids’ Rack and Once Upon A Child:
- Layout is more like a traditional boutique or children’s area in a department store. Racks are less densely packed, all items are more easily reachable, and there are circular racks too. In between all the racks, there is open space to move. The upside of having less merchandise to cram into every inch of the store is you can see what’s there.
- There is a strikingly large selection of brand NWT (new with tags) Cat & Jack clothing mixed in with preloved clothing on the racks. The retailer may have a deal with Target to sell their unsold clearance clothing?
- Shoes are easily reachable and not in bins you have to pull of shelves and dig through. They’re spread out throughout the store on shelves.
- Limited swim wear and outerwear (jackets, snow pants, raincoats) in contrast to what you’d find in a Once Upon A Child store.
- No dance wear that I saw (Once Upon A Child stores generally carry leotards, ballet slippers, and tap shoes).
- Matilda Jane is one of the most coveted brands. At $15, it’s priced more than double what other dresses are.
- Boden dresses there, in VGUC, were priced at $7 to $9. There are three cute ones I gazed at wistfully, but they were 2 and 3 sizes too large for my daughter so I passed.
- Books and toys extremely well organized, well displayed, and easily accessible.
In terms of consigning to Kids’ Rack, I’m not sure how the experience varies between selling at Kids’ Rack vs selling at Once Upon A Child.
- Location: 11350 Aquila Dr N #915, Champlin, MN 55316
- Store Hours: Monday – Saturday 10 am – 6 pm, Sunday 12 pm – 5 pm
- Sizes: Preemie, Newborn – Size 18
- Brands: Cat & Jack, Art Class, Carter’s, Old Navy, Gap, Polo, Matilda Jane, Disney, and other kids’ brands.
>>> Related House of Henmar Read: How to Get the Most Money Selling at Once Upon A Child (I once sold a dress there after months of rejection at 2 different stores.)
13 | Bumbelou: Mankato
I have yet to visit the Bumbelou store in-person, but I am a fan of the Bumbelou brand. I’ve owned a couple of Bumbelou dresses and they’re similar to Alice & Ames for style and quality. Based on reviews and in-store photos, Bumbelou does have a significant selection of apparel available in-store.
In addition to their own label, Bumbelou carries Mebie Baby, Tea Collection, City Mouse, and dozens others.
- Location: 405 N Riverfront Dr, Mankato, MN 56001
- Store Hours: Monday – Friday 10 am – 5 pm, Saturday 10 am – 4 pm, Sunday 11 am – 3 pm
- Sizes: Preemie, Newborn – 8Y
- Brands: Bumbelou, Sweet Wink, 1+ in the Family, Angel Dear, Colored Organics, Kyte Baby, Mayoral, Tea Collection, Bob & Blossom, Gregor, Aimama, Vignette, Creamie, Hatley, City Mouse, Petit Lem, Mebie Baby
14| Nordstrom: Bloomington (Mall of America)
Nordstrom has a great selection of baby and children’s clothing in a range of brands and styles. Nordstrom is the only retailer in the United States to sell Boden – both in stores and online on its website. You can also find a number of other kids’ brands ranging from more moderately priced house brands to couture Balenciaga and Versace. With sales and clearance markdowns, you can find some decent deals (garments in the $10 to $25 range).
- Mall of America: 1000 Northwest Ct, Bloomington, MN 55425
- Ridgedale: 12441 Wayzata Blvd, Minnetonka, MN 55305
- Store Hours:
- Mall of America: Monday – Thursday 10 am – 8 pm, Friday – Saturday 10 am – 9 pm, Sunday 11 am – 7 pm
- Ridgedale: Monday – Saturday 10 am – 8 pm, Sunday 11 am – 6 pm
- Sizes: Newborn – 16Y
- Brands: Boden, Open Edit, STEM, Tucker + Tate, Zella Girl, Treasure & Bond, Pippa & Julie, Zunie, The Northface, RuffleButts, RuggedButts, Stella McCartney Kids, Popatu, Tiny Tribe, Andy & Evan, Nike, Balenciaga, Acne Studios, miles the label, Peek Aren’t You Curious
15 | Lil’ Tulips: Stillwater
Lil’ Tulips describes itself as a roomy, contemporary emporium that sells baby furniture and gear, maternity supplies, toys, and baby and children’s apparel. You can shop sizes preemie and newborn through 5 years.
I haven’t visited the store location myself, but wanted to include it as an option for the Eastern metro area. Based on the website, it appears that most of the apparel items are rompers, sleepers, pajamas, bodysuits (onesies), and baby gowns. You can find a dozen different dress options, and a number of leggings and some tees.
- Location: 216 Myrtle St W A, Stillwater, MN 55082
- Store Hours: Tuesday – Saturday 10 am – 5 pm, Sunday – Monday CLOSED
- Sizes: Preemie, Newborn – 5Y
- Brands: Bumblito, Kyte Baby, Magnetic Me, Peregrine, Loulou Lollipop, Milkbarn Kids, Angel Dear, Little Sleepies, KicKee Pants, Brave Little Ones, Huggalugs
16 | Blossom: Jordan, Minnesota
Another store I’ve yet to visit is Blossom. Located in Jordan, Minnesota, it’s only 35 miles from Minneapolis (and about 17 miles south of Eden Prairie). Of all the stores in the Twin Cities or near metro, it has the most robust offering of brands and styles for kids of all ages.
Blossom is one of only a few retailers on the list to stock Quincy Mae and Rylee + Cru. Blossom also carries Play X Play, Rylee + Cru’s line of activewear with sizing up to 14 years. Blossom also carries an ultra large selection of bamboo clothing, accessories, and bedding.
- Location: 206 Broadway St S, Jordan, MN 55352
- Store Hours: Monday – Friday – 10 am – 5 pm, Saturday 10 am – 2 pm
- Sizes: Preemie, Newborn – 14 years
- Brands: Kyte Baby, Aimama, Hanlyn Collective, Goumi Kids, Jamie Kay, Lily + Sid, Blade & Rose, Blueberry Hill, Rylee + Cru, Sweet Bamboo, Angel Dear, Turtledove London, Finn + Emma, Portage and Main, Play X Play, Birdie Bean, Gigi and Max, Emerson and Friends, Peregrine, Dreamiere, Little Sleepies, Laree + Co, Quincy Mae, macaron+me, Little Love Bug, Freshly Picked
17 | Von Maur: Eden Prairie | Roseville
Von Maur is a fun department store to hit up. It’s a bit like a Macy’s but with more old-school charm. Von Maur carries many of the same brands, like Carter’s and Rare Edition, but you can find other brands there that you won’t find in other department stores and retailers in the Twin Cities.
I enjoy the Eden Prairie location because of the Scheels store at the Eden Prairie Center Mall. There’s a multi-story ferris wheel located in the Scheels as well as a large fish aquarium (floor to ceiling) near the checkout.
- Eden Prairie: Eden Prairie Center Mall, 400 Prairie Center Dr, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
- Roseville: Rosedale Center, 1650 County Road B2 W, Roseville, MN 55113
- Hours: Monday – Friday 10 am – 9 pm, Sunday 11 am – 6 pm
- Brands: Joules, Laura Ashley, Posh Peanut, Lily Pulitzer, MudPie, Ava & Yelly, Monica & Andy
18 | Vineyard Vines: Edina (Galleria)
Vineyard Vines is an all-American clothing brand founded in Martha’s Vineyard in 1998. The brand has a nautical jet-setter vibe, yet it feels relaxed too. Their kids’ line is a miniature version of the adult styles: 3/4 zip pullovers, casual dresses, tees, chinos, button-downs, vests, hoodies, fleece pullovers, and swimwear.
While the brand does manufacture some clothing for babies (starting at 0-3 months), I have not seen any clothing for infants at the Galleria store. In-store sizing generally starts at 2T. While you’re at the Galleria, pop over to Pottery Barn Kids to check out their pajamas, robes,
- Location: 3499 Galleria, Edina, MN 55435
- Store Hours: Monday – Saturday 10 am – 7 pm, Sunday 11 am – 6 pm
- Sizes: 2T – 18 (Clothing for infants is available online)
- Brands: Vineyard Vines
19 | Franki for Girls (Francesca’s): Bloomington (Mall of America)
Franki is Francesa’s line of clothing for girls and tweens. Styles are similar to what you’d find in the retailer’s grown-up store: long flowy dresses, rompers and jumpsuits, blouses and casual tops, skirts, denim, tees, ands lots of accessories.
I haven’t shopped at Franki’s myself since my kids are 4 and 2. But I do like the options they have for older girls. If Francesa’s aesthetic is your vibe, taking your kids to Franki’s is a great way to let them pick out their clothes from a (largely) pre-approved selection.
- Location: Mall of America, 290 South Avenue, Bloomington, MN 55425
- Store Hours: Monday – Thursday 11 am – 8 pm, Friday – Saturday 10 am – 9 pm, Sunday 11 am – 7 pm
- Sizes: 7 – 16
20 | East West Girl: Edina
Another fun boutique in the 50th & France shopping district, East West Girl is a clothing boutique with apparel, accessories, and gifts for teens and tweens. Brands listed below are what I recall from memory, and I may be off by a label or two.
The story layout is open, cool, and fun. I love the curated selection of brands, and the fact there is a boutique curating to tweens and young teens outside of what you find at every major shopping mall. It truly is a clothing first shop, filled mainly with apparel and then some additional gift items.
- Location: 3931 Market St, Edina, MN 55424
- Store Hours: Tuesday – Saturday 10 am – 6 pm, Sunday 11 am – 4 pm
- Sizes: 6Y – 14Y
- Brands: Appaman, minnow x, Love Daisy, DL1961, Pexioto, Vintage Havana, Koch, Pistola, and dozens more.
21 | Jensen’s: Anoka
On the recommendation of other local moms, I checked out Jensen’s in Anoka last weekend. The shop is half boutique, half department store children’s section. Jensen’s stocks a wide range of premium brands for babies, toddlers, and kids — even big kid sizes.
Of all the children’s stores on this list, Jensen’s has the largest selection of clothing and the largest range of sizes. Jensen’s is one store where you could reasonably go to buy a full wardrobe from your child, including pajamas, swimwear, outerwear, and shoes. The selection of outerwear and shoes is more limited, but you will find some cute options.
The store is situated in Downtown Anoka. There are dozens of other local shops and boutiques. The sidewalks and storefronts look a bit dated, but the area is well trafficked and it’s a worth an afternoon stroll. Additionally, Jensen’s is half a mile from The Mad Hatter Tea House.
- Location: 112 E Main St, Anoka, MN 55303
- Store Hours: Tuesday – Friday 10 am – 6 pm, Saturday 10 am – 5 pm, Sunday 12 am – 4 pm
- Sizes: Preemie, Newborn, 0-3M – 16Y
- Brands: Appaman, Babyface, miles the label, Petit Lem, Hatley, Musli, Mabel and Honey, Angel Dear, Mayoral, Me & Henry, Haute Baby, Love Daisy, Roxy, Billabong, Roxy, Under Armour, Quiksilver, TOMS, See Kai Run, Magnificent Baby, Mudpie, RuffleButts, and RuggedButts.
22 | Oh Baby!: Edina | Wayzata | Bloomington (Mall of America)
Oh Baby! has lots of swoon-worthy clothing options for babies and littles up to age 7. The three boutique locations carry the Oh Baby! brand and other high-end clothing brands with the same playful ethereal style. If I needed to get a flowy woodland princess sort of dress, today, Oh Baby! would be at the top of my shopping list. (Alongside Pacifier Kids and Jensen’s.)
The Mall of America location has a more limited range of styles and brands than the other two stores, but if you’re at the mall it’s worth checking in to see what’s there.
- Locations: 5005 France Ave S, Edina, MN 55410, 757 Lake St E, Wayzata, MN 55391, 60 E Broadway Suite N103, Bloomington, MN 55425
- Store Hours:
- Edina: Monday – Saturday 10 am – 6 pm, Sunday 11 am – 4 pm
- Wayzata: Monday – Saturday 10 am – 6 pm, Sunday 11 am – 4 pm
- Mall of America: Sunday – Friday 11 am – 7 pm, Saturday 10 am – 9 pm
- Sizes: Preemie, Newborn, 0-3M – 16Y
- Brands: Oh Baby!, Quincy Mae, Noralee, Rylee + Cru, Play Up, Angel Dear, Kissy Kissy, KicKee Pants, Rowdy Sprout, Petit Bateau, Pink Chicken, Zutano.
23 | buybuy BABY: Woodbury
Buy Buy Baby isn’t just cribs and diapers and baby gear. The retailer carries loads of apparel for babies and young kids – both online and in stores.
They carry all the Target and Walmart brands (like Carter’s), but also a number of high-end and niche apparel labels too. Buybuy BABY is the only place I know of in the Twin Cities area where you can shop Primary brand clothes in-store. The list of brands below features brands are carried in the Buy Buy Baby store. (Brands were current as of the date of this article’s publication.)
- Location: 9160 Hudson Rd, Woodbury, MN 55125
- Store Hours: Monday – Saturday 11 am – 6 pm, Sunday 11 am – 7 pm
- Sizes: Preemie, Newborn, 0-3M – 6Y (Extended sizes through Size 10/12 for pajamas)
- Brands: Little Me, adidas, Primary, Levi’s, Under Armour, Nike, Green Sprouts, Sovereign Code, Calvin Klein, Monica + Andy, Carhartt, Honest, Burt’s Bees Baby, Colored Organics, Deux par Deux, hope & henry, Tea Collection, Honest, Bonnie Baby, Laura Ashley, Mac & Moon.
24 | REI: Bloomington | Roseville | Maple Grove
The outdoor adventure retailer, REI, sells a number of apparel items for babies and kids in store. In addition to outerwear gear, shoes, and accessories, you can find tees, tops, joggers, skirts, dresses, and other casual wear garments. Brands featured in this list are currently sold in the Bloomington location.
I especially have good look finding base layers (wool), boots, and sandals in store at REI.
- Locations: 750 American Blvd W, Bloomington, MN 55420, Schneiderman’s Plaza, 1955 County Road B2 W, Roseville, MN 55113, 11581 Fountains Dr, Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Store Hours: Monday – Saturday 10 am – 9 pm, Sunday 10 am – 6 pm
- Sizes: 0-3M – Size 18
- Brands: Patagonia, Parks Project, REI Co-op, Columbia, The North Face, Athleta, Obermeyer, Smartwool, Burton, Icebreaker, Cotopaxi, Reima, Threads 4 Thought, O’Neil, Merrell, Solomon, Keen, Teva, Kamik, Natives (Native shoes), Bogs, Chaco, Birkenstock, Sorel
Kid to Kid in Eagan!